Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chopin: Mazurka

(Zimerman)Chopin Mazurka Op.24, No.1

played by Krystian Zimerman at the 1975 Competition where he was also the winner.


Chopin: Mazurka sheet music is available for downloading in digital format.

Chopin Mazurka Op.63 No.2 Horowitz Rubinstein Argerich

One of the most moving Mazurka by Chopin played by Horowitz, Rubinstein and Argerich.

What is a good Chopin mazurka? I need to find a Chopin mazurka for a recital performance. Just wondering if anyone had a favorite they'd like to recommend. I have the complete works collection so go ahead and just give me the opus # and ill be fine.

Chopin: Mazurka sheet music is available for downloading in digital format.

How do you bring out the character of a mazurka piece by Chopin(piano)? Is it true it is not advisable to use to much rubato as it's like a polish dance and rubato will spoil the character or something? Cos the rhythm will be affected.
Heavily accent the second beats. Best way to play is the way it would have been played at celebrations, with the body moving with the music. In other words, become involved in the dance as your play, it will naturally follow. Don't use rubato, just lay heavy into the beat and it will naturally carry its own tempo.

Fingering help in Chopin Mazurka? I need a fingering for the first scale passage in the Chopin A Minor Mazurka (Op. 17, No. 4), measure 15. I'm using pretty much 3-1, 3-1, but my teacher is telling me otherwise. Any suggestions?
hi, I found a free score..i think the correct fingering is for the 15th measure is:3,4,3,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,3,5,4,3,2

The idea is to use "less" thumb as possible...that's what we call open fingering..because thumb crossing, will slow down, uneven, or make a "gap" sound to something we do...we want the fingerings make the playing "balance", not trickery.. I think you probably use most of the chromatic part as 3-1.. let's say this is how you do (this is just my guess, since I dont know your actual fingering)D E D C# D D# E F F# G G# B A G F E1 3 1 3 1 2 3 1 3 1 3 5 4 3 2 1I dont think this will work, too many 1-3 will make this much difficult to play..not "balance", , too many unnecessary thumbs, too many thumb crossing, which will simply lead you to - wrong note, cracking, non smooth run...Also, probably the next time, when you encounter something else , you will do the similar fingering, which might give you more disadvantage...I think,D E D C# D D# E F F# G G# B A G F E3 4 3 2 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 5 4 3 2 1 this is better finger, much smoother the middle part you may alter for your own, but the beginning is better than doing 1-3 1-3

what piano grade is chopin mazurka op 67 no. 4? I'm wondering what piano grade I am... And what piano grade is Beethoven's "Moonlight" Sonata movement 3? Thanks!!!
Let's do the *really* important bit first, Luna:> "I'm wondering what piano grade I am."Any grading system, and they're *dreadfully* fallible and arbitrary, only 'grades' pieces, **not** PEOPLE.At a purely mechanical level, properly realised, the piece is between Grade 6 and 7, in a scale of 8 like the ones maintained by ABRSM and TCL.Properly performed, Beethoven's op.27/2 last movement falls outside the scope of the grading systems' remit.All the best,

What are your favorite Chopin Mazurkas? I'm crazy about them! Some of them are really enigmatic, especially the ones with interesting modes and juxtaposition of subdominant/dominant/tonic relationship. They're really charming and harmonically amazing.
I really love them all too, and here are my favourite ones :Mazurka in B flat Op. 7 No. 1Mazurka in B flat Op. 17 No. 1Mazurka in B flat minor Op. 24 No. 4Mazurka in D Op. 33 No. 2Mazurka in B minor Op. 33 No. 4Mazurkas, Op. 50iii C sharp min